Wednesday, February 23, 2005

GQ eats a dick

GQ named the 10 best actors of "our generation" which apparently means under 50 (I thought "GQ's generation" only meant gel head metros with self created colognes). Here's the list:

Gael Garcia Bernal
Nicholas Cage
Jim Carrey
Don Cheadle
Russell Crowe
Benicio Del Toro
Johnny Depp
Leonardo DiCaprio
Clive Owen
John C. Reilly

Depp and Crowe are no brainers. I like Carrey (comedy gets too much of a short shrift) and Leo is probably deserving (or at least close to it). Reilly, Del Toro and Cheadle are all scene stealers and definitely reliable supporters, but none have had a starring role in a major film. Cage doesn't belong on the list (too many terrible choices). I like them, but it's too soon to tell with Bernal and Owen.

A few names I might add: EDWARD NORTON (Come on!!!!) Brad Pitt, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Ewan McGregor, Tobey Maguire, Will Ferrell, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Joaquin Phoenix, Tom Cruise (not a great actor, but better than credited), Jamie Foxx. Billy Bob Thornton (49) and Denzel Washington (50) are no brainers unless they're too old.

I just named 13 in 5 minutes. Forgetting Norton is unforgivable. I guess any "best of" list is subjective, but I have to think they could've done better.

0 comments: