Friday, February 11, 2005

The Long Distance Dedication Comes From Sheryl, a Data Processor from Lansdale, PA with a message of hope to her lost love...

In response to a request from Garner Linn (who knows my brother, "The New Jersey General"), conduit Hillary, and with some inspiration from Ryan/Darkness, I now submit my list. A few caveats: I think it's been said that this is a snapshot. Tomorrow's list might be different from today's, no matter how much emphasis one places on "timeless" songs. So instead, I've gone with songs I like, rather than ones which might be objectively great (i.e. Born to Run is objectively great and would make my list of songs others should consider the "best" but I like lots of songs more). Also, I've used iTunes as a crib sheet, so I'm sure I'm forgetting songs I really like because they aren't in my library.

1. Here, There and Everywhere - The Beatles
2. Train in Vain - The Clash
3. Nightswimming - R.E.M.
4. Beautiful Day - U2
5. B.O.B. - Outkast
6. Sweet Thing - Van Morrison
7. Santa Monica - Everclear
8. I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys
9. In a Big Country - Big Country
10. Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
11. O Fortuna (from Carmina Burana) -Carl Orff
12. Still Not A Player - Big Punisher
13. Blue - The Jayhawks
14. Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
15. Vehicle - The Ides of March
16. Ignition (Remix) - R. Kelly
17. Where is My Mind? - Pixies
18. Nothing Compares 2U - Sinead O'Connor
19. Just Like Heaven - The Cure
20. Any Way You Want It - Journey
21. Fall on Me - R.E.M.
22. Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
23. Hey Ya! - Outkast
24. Drain You - Nirvana
25. She Said, She Said - The Beatles
26. Nuthin But a "G" Thing - Dr. Dre
27. Small Town - Pearl Jam
28. Shake Your Rump - Beastie Boys
29. Tender - Blur
30. A Long December - Counting Crows
31. Gold Soundz - Pavement
32. Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve
33. Fire Woman - The Cult
34. Willing to Wait - Sebadoh
35. I Get Around - 2Pac
36. If I Can't Change Your Mind - Sugar
37. Fell In Love With A Girl - The White Stripes
38. No Ordinary Love - Sade
39. Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley
40. What Did You Expect? - Archers of Loaf
41. Jack-Ass - Beck
42. Not You Again - Dinosaur Jr.
43. Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
44. Got Your Money - Ol' Dirty Bastard
45. Slide Away - Oasis
46. Save a Prayer - Duran Duran
47. Drown - Son Volt
48. Grey Cell Green - Ned's Atomic Dustbin
49. The World Has Turned And Left Me Here - Weezer
50. Seventeen - Winger

Reserve the right to revise...

0 comments: