Monday, June 27, 2005

Flick the button

Batman Begins: I tried to avoid other reviews of this because I actually wanted to see it, so I might duplicate other's opinions. I really liked it. Very surprised how they were able to get so many impressive actors to take bit or supporting roles. As with every comic movie, what I like to watch for is the way they've created a world within the framework of what is already known - using creativity to turn around what I already expected. Everything about this worked for me. It was realistic and fantastic. Clever, but not by too much. Well acted, and Bale made himself a star. One thing I thought worth mentioning was how the film invokes 9/11 (isolated island, fear tears people apart), but I didn't feel it hit me over the head with sentimentality or pull heartstrings. I think it was better than the other Batmans, and I'm having trouble thinking of a better movie of this kind (I really liked the first Spiderman, but this tops it). Cadillac.

0 comments: