Monday, June 27, 2005

NBA Draft tomorrow

First, go look at this. Drew Gooden rules.

Here's what I think will happen: Bogut to Bucks, Marvin to Hawks, blah blah blah. Don't really care for a while after that. Hawks blow their second pick and I guaranfuckingtee you that there will be more than 2 future All-Stars taken in the second round. Too many young players in the pool who have potential.

Here's what I would do were I the smartest guy on earth, Billy Knight: Draft Marvin, trade him for the best offer you can get that offers the chance at a top PG and a big man. If that means Charlotte (if D. Williams or Paul drop to 5, especially), great. If it means taking Channing Frye (who I think might be a better pick than Bogut for teams looking for a big man), great. I also like Joey Graham.

Ideal scenario for Hawks: Paul with 5, Graham or Hakim Warrick with the 13, Randolph Morris with the early second rounder, Louis Williams with the late second rounder.

Likely scenario for Hawks: Marvin Williams with 2, that midget PG from Washington (who I think sucks) with the early second rounder, some terrible European who will never sign with the late second rounder.

Awesome.

0 comments: