Thursday, October 05, 2006

When Pop Culture Collides!

A couple of US Weekly type stories...

1. Dane Cook hosted SNL last weekend. I wouldn't call it the funniest thing I've ever seen, but it wasn't as bad as the sketches on Studio 60. The Poland Spring Water delivery guys skit made me laugh hard, even though I felt guilty doing it.

Anyway, I haven't decided whether I think Cook is funny or not. He surely has energy, which is a good thing, I think. But I wonder about the material.

Then, a few weeks ago I saw this post at Scamboogah!!!. Doesn't look good here.

Then I saw somewhere else (maybe Thighs Wide Shut) a link to this YouTube clip featuring an old State skit that is copied pretty much word for word on Dane Cook's last SNL visit.

[Aside: YOU CAN BUY EPISODES OF THE STATE ON iTunes NOW!!!!!]

What's the deal with this dude? I'd heard long ago that Robin Williams was the most notorious bit-thief in the comic business. With him heading off to rehab and getting old, is it time for the crown to pass to someone else?

2) Paris Hilton. Shit. What is it about this woman that makes people go batshit crazy?

Today I saw this story on CNN.com about how the Dancing With The Stars broad starts shit because her ex-husband banged Paris, and everyone ends up arrested.

But as childish and ridiculous that story is, this YouTube clip (via TVgasm, to the right) from the new reality show on Aaron and Nick Carter tops it. By miles. Some cussing, if you're at work. This is one of the funniest things I've seen featuring B-listers. Seriously, I can't imagine how crazy this girl makes people.

All useless info. All strangely interesting.

0 comments: