Monday, March 21, 2005

Discussion Question

Maxim offers this month a top ten list of "The Greatest Movie Douchebags Ever". My good name won't let me let this slide.

10. Cal Hockley, Titanic (Billy Zane)
9. Mark, Old School (Craig Kilborn)
8. Pig Vomit, Private Parts (Paul Giammati)
7. Chet Donnelly, Weird Science (Bill Paxson)
6. Biff Tannen, Back to the Future (Thomas F. Wilson)
5. Fred O'Bannion, Dazed and Confused (Ben Affleck)
4. Dr. Frederick Chilton, The Silence of the Lambs (Anthony Heald)
3. Tinkerbell, Peter Pan (They choose Ludvine Sangier for the picture)
2. Harry Ellis, Die Hard (Hart Bochner)
1. Douglas C. Niedermeyer, Animal House (Mark Metcalf)

I agree with most, especially Chet and "Hans, Bubby, I'm your white knight". I'd have made a place for Rand McPherson in PCU and definitely Bill Lumbergh. I think the key to a good douchebag is that he's a total asshole, but he's someone you just couldn't use a fist to punch. He's just not worth risking a broken knuckle, and he'd run off crying at a backhand slap. Now that's a douche.

Anybody got any others?

0 comments: