Friday, October 14, 2005

Premiership Picks

Two weeks off for international games. Some interesting results in the World Cup qualifying. I think the USMNT result is very good, in that I think it'll help solidify a top 10 FIFA ranking, perhaps getting us a better draw.

Last time: 6/10 right result, 1 right score. Cash.
Season: 37/74 right results, 10 right scores.

This weekend:

Wigan Athletic v. Newcastle United: 1-1. I'd like to pick Wigan here, but I have to think Newcastle will put it together for at least a couple of games.
Chelsea v. Bolton Wanderers: 3-0. Rolling.
Liverpool v. Blackburn Rovers: 2-1. I actually think this should be a pretty entertaining match.
Sunderland v. Manchester United: 0-2. Big crowds on hand to be disappointed.
Tottenham Hotspur v. Everton: 1-0.
West Bromwich Albion v. Arsenal: 0-3. Arsenal are gimpy, but still outclass the Baggies.
Middlesbrough v. Portsmouth: 2-1.
Birmingham City v. Aston Villa: 1-0. Ain't picking Villa for a while. Birmingham Derby goes to the home team.
Manchester City v. West Ham United: 2-1. I think City won't let the break slow them down.
Charlton Athletic v. Fulham: 3-1. Charlton too.

0 comments: