Sunday, October 30, 2005

Quickly

A little update on things...

Sorry about the light posting the past few days. I've been having computer battery issues. And my AC adapter doesn't charge the battery while the computer operates. Weirdly, when I turn off the computer, it charges immediately.

Thanks to all the one time visitors. I guess the Narrative post passed around message boards pretty well. If you've come back, thanks and have a look around. Always glad for the traffic.

That said, I think it's a good time to mention my own view towards blogging. I started this because first and foremost, I had these opinions and theories on stuff, but a decade of alcohol damage has left my brain wanting. I see this weblog as a sort of zip drive for my mind. I really haven't expected many people to read this, aside from maybe a few personal friends. The hits I've received over the past week has left me feeling a little stage-frightened. I'm not really sure I like the attention. Or, I guess more specifically, I'm not sure I like the responsibility of writing for a wider audience than just people I already know and who already know me well enough not to take me all that seriously. When a commenter hinted that I'm a member of the media I criticize, I got a little freaked out. I'm no journalist. I'm no expert. I'm just a guy with a computer and some opinions. I know there's some responsibility when you click that "Publish Now" button, but if any of you actually knew me, you'd know that I'm not one to take seriously.

Gameday recap will have to wait until tomorrow or possibly Tuesday. Sorry. I'm just not all that excited about rewatching it just yet.

I screwed up last week about the Lebowski rankings. I'll post last week's along with next week's in a few days.

And quickly about the Dawgs: I have this weird sense of zen right now about yesterday's game. I honestly knew we weren't going to win, and, unlike most Florida games over the last 15 years, I didn't delude myself into thinking "it might be different this year." Strangely, this made watching the game a lot easier, and recovering from the sting of a loss easier too. I was almost happy at our performance yesterday. After Florida's first two drives, I thought 38-7 was the likely result. The D stepped up big. Joe T played about as well as I expected. The line and backs on O played pretty damn well. But a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Expectations only affect the attitudes of people who aren't playing. Florida won, and congratulations to them. Now, the SEC race gets very interesting. On November 12th there are basically 3 do-or-die games. Florida needs to beat Spurrier and his recently gelled Gamecocks in Columbia. Both Auburn and Georgia need to win: Georgia to basically clinch, Auburn to stay alive. LSU and Alabama might have even more on the line, since the loser of that game might be out of the SEC West race. Should be an amazing day of football. I really wonder which game will be the CBS game. I'd guess Alabama-LSU, but who knows?

I'll also do a monthlong update of Gameday recaps like I did last month. Might take a few days though.

So that's where I've been and what's ahead. And if anyone knows what I can do about these battery issues, leave a comment.

0 comments: