Sunday, June 12, 2005

Random or is it...

1. Blaine Boyer, member of the Wrangler's graduating class, gets the call up to the Braves. He becomes I believe the second Walton Raider to make the big leagues (Mark Pisciotta had a cup of coffee with the Cubs a while back). Bully for Blaine. First pro athlete who has been in my parents' house.

2. Speaking of how awesome Walton is, I saw an episode of Room Raiders the other morning. Douchebag gelhead goes through bedrooms, blah blah blah, vibrators, panties, dusty cabinets, etc. Anyway, the girl he picks (to win? a date with him?) is named Lauren and has a huge Walton Raider megaphone. Hell yes. Nobody got shit on fine ass Raider fillies. I pretty sure someone in my family knows this girl. Short brown hair. Neighborhood looked like Waterford Green. Not the Lauren we know well.

3. In fact, the MTV family of networks pretty much was LD central yesterday morning. First, WHS victory on Room Raiders. Then, I flipped to one of the other MTV channels (Hits or Jams, or something that actually shows videos) and four videos in a row have something in common with my daily life. First was Ciara's "Oh", which shows my office building in the background. Next, Chingy's "One Call Away", which also shows the office building. Then Fat Joe (featuring Nelly) brought "Get it Poppin'" which has him driving along the connector. ATL, bitches. And finally, (I think on Jamz, if I was watching the other channel) Youngbloodz "Damn!" which was filmed partly in the parking lot of Abdullah the Butcher's House of Ribs and Chinese Food (apparently they have excellent fried rice and rib tips), but also has a segment filmed in Decatur. Hard core as an eyesore, motherfucks.

4. Today's AJC (printed in the opinion section, can't find it online) also has a story about how Georgia has become crazy central. The banishment movement is catching on! Join the fun!

0 comments: