Friday, November 04, 2005

Premiership Picks

I have been terribly lazy when it comes to focusing on soccer lately. I've caught the football bug and I've been spending way too much time debating useless arguments in that part of the sports world. And I was picking these games so well too. I should dance with what brung me, but the prettier girl keeps calling me over...

Last time around: 6/10, 2 right scores.
Season: 48/94 (51% ), 13 right scores.

This weekend:


Aston Villa v.Liverpool: 1-1. Both teams have to be disappointed so far this year. I have to think Liverpool's class will start to shine through, but I'm afraid they'll have to get bounced from the Champions' League first. Too many matches against teams trying to take down the Champ.
Newcastle United v. Birmingham City: 1-2. I think Birmingham are better than this. Watch them rise, and their West Midlands neighbor West Brom drop.
Arsenal v. Sunderland: 3-0. A perfect time for Arsenal to invite the Black Cats to Highbury. Breakout and beginning of a rise.
West Ham United v. West Bromwich Albion: 2-0. West Ham is destined for mid-table obscurity. West Brom is destined for relegation.
Fulham v. Manchester City: 0-1. Not a very interesting game, I think. Important for City though.
Blackburn Rovers v. Charlton Athletic: 2-1. 1500 fouls called in this game.
Portsmouth v. Wigan Athletic: 0-2. Go with a hot hand.
Everton v. Middlesbrough: 1-0. Minor upset. Who would've thought that by November a home win over Boro would be an upset? Everton have been that bad though.
Manchester United v. Chelsea: 2-3. Why not call a match of the year?
Bolton Wanderers v. Tottenham Hotspur: 2-1. This should be pretty great too, I'd guess.

And I'm promising to pick back up with the Champions' Leage and UEFA Cup in a few weeks.

0 comments: