Thursday, October 26, 2006

Some Non Football Thoughts

1. If you are watching the World Series at all, I really hope you're reading Fire Joe Morgan. I wish this blog were a tenth as good as that one. Seriously.

2. I'm in a fantasy basketball league this year and I like it because I think of it as kind of a control subset compared to other fantasy sports. See, with baseball and football I think I follow them closely and I think I should be able to pick a team well. This year I did OK in baseball (finished in the top 3 or 4 in multiple leagues). This year in football I'm sucking ass in one league, playing way way way over my head in another - I'm a total paper tiger and I'll fall apart in a few weeks. But for basketball, I really don't follow it that closely. I don't have any idea what I'm doing in drafting or making player moves. So I think this is good - I get to find out whether my opinion of myself really matters. If I do well in fantasy basketball, we'll know that it's totally luck and random. Here's my lineup: Bosh, Kirilenko, Diaw, Jamison, Mike James, Mo Peterson, Szczerbiak, Jamal Crawford, Stephen Jackson (I keep it real), Rudy Gay. Then Bogut, Nene and Rajon Rondo on the bench. 12 team league. I'm not that disappointed, but we'll see.

3. I told you ahead of time. Five Guys Burgers and Fries is now open in Atlanta. And it's every bit as good as I remember. The only problem is that Southerners appear too nice to throw the peanut shells on the floor. They expect it, people! In any event, now is a good idea to invest in elastic pants, Atlantans.

4. Barry Melrose on ESPN HD is a reason for living. Why is it that the fun part of the Kentucky Waterfall doesn't go grey as much as the business? Because it's too busy livin', cuz!

5. "1 in 3 winners will have their dick removed."

0 comments: