Monday, August 13, 2007

Banishment Nominee!

A few years ago I posted about how the Georgia legislature needs to bring back the concept of banishment. If you act like an idiot and bring shame to our state, you are free to keep acting like such, but you just can't do it here. Take it to South Carolina or Alabama or someplace else.


New nominee:



Juanita Marie Jones of Rochelle, Ga.



Want the law to prosecute the guy who sold you fake crack? I believe the Muscle Shoals Police Department can help.



That said, I'm no lawyer (or at least a good one), but is it really possession if the crack was indeed fake? I mean, yes, arrest the woman on general moronic behavior (that's a law, right?), but possession doesn't seem to me to be the right law for which to prosecute her. I mean, what if she produced a fully-completed Voltron or an adorable puppy and called it crack?



And on the topic of Voltron... awesome?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Intent to distribute, 5-8 and serve 3 with good behavior.

Makes me think of a great scene on Cops where a dude flagged down the cops to tell them his dealer just gave him 10 bucks worth of weed when he paid 20.

Anonymous said...

At the risk of revealing my nerdliness:

"Any person who knowingly manufactures, distributes, or possesses with intent to distribute an imitation controlled substance ... is guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature." O.C.G.A. 16-13-30.2(a). If those cops were worth a shit they'd have realized what just fell in their lap. Arrest both crackhead and kinda-crack dealer. It's a 2-for-1.

And after walking out of the thoroughly delightful Transformers, I knew it was only a matter of time for Voltron. Maybe I should start writing the live-action Thundercats. I'm thinking Vorenus and Pullo together again as Lion-O and Tigra, Barry Bonds as Panthro, Samaire Armstrong as Cheetara, the dad from Little People Big World as Snarf, and Michael Chertoff as Mum-Ra.

LD said...

Do a picture post on that.

I need to start watching Rome. Holy crap.