Monday, March 21, 2005

Movie, Bitch. Get out the way.

Man on Fire: I liked Denzel. I liked the Mexico City scenery. I liked the plot, or at least more than I thought I would. I liked Dakota Fanning and I never thought I'd say that. I liked Radha Mitchell playing the same exact character as in Finding Neverland (except Mark Anthony isn't a pedophile or something). But because Tony Scott and whatever editor couldn't go 12 frames in a row without splicing, this gets a very poor rating. Camera tricks abound, and none of them do a damn thing to make it a better movie. It reminded me of those annoying Jack McCoy TD Waterhouse commercials where they cut straight on, side view, off kilter, straight on, side view, straight on, side view, arrrghhhh. After a while I started shutting my eyes to avoid the cuts and light shifts, then I just fell asleep for a while. I don't think I missed much, and that probably helped this review. YooooooUUUU'r'R'r.'r'r'EEEEE ff f f f IIIIIrr[you're fired, you're fired] EEedDdDd.!.!...!!!.d

0 comments: