Friday, September 23, 2005

Premiership Picks

Lots of news in the English world. Woodgate's hilarious debut at Real Madrid is a perfect example of the British press eating their own. Or is it? Perhaps the negative press is the result of Woodgate going abroad? I really can't give a proper example in American terms, but I could see the local press fired up at someone who decided the domestic game wasn't enough. But regardless, an own goal and a red card is about as bad as it comes for a defender.

On to the picks, which I'm doing drunk for the first time in a month, so they ought be decent...

Last week: 2/10, 1 right result
Season:25/54, 7 right results.

Birmingham City v. Liverpool: 0-1. Liverpool are better. Period.
Chelsea v. Aston Villa: 3-0. Streak continues.
Manchester United v. Blackburn Rovers: 0-0. Ugly as hell.
West Bromwich Albion v. Charlton Athletic: 1-2. I smell a Baggie slump.
West Ham United v. Arsenal: 2-2. I think this ought to be interesting.
Newcastle United v. Manchester City: 1-1. I want to pick City, but feel I shouldn't.
Everton v. Wigan Athletic: 0-1. I've picked against Wigan every week, so Everton are probably a lock.
Bolton Wanderers v. Portsmouth: 2-0. Bolton are good at home.
Middlesbrough v. Sunderland: 2-0. Sunderland might have relegation locked up by Valentine's Day.
Tottenham Hotspur v. Fulham: 2-0. 2-0 is the popular number for me this week.

0 comments: