Saturday, June 10, 2006

World Cup U[pd]ate

Well, I picked Germany to win by two, but I was way off on Poland. I still don't think Ecuador have enough to advance. And two goals against Germany are as good as could be expected for the Ticos. I think today's results actually are very favorable for Germany and for Costa Rica.

But that's just me patting myself on the back...

The truth is that Germany was kicking the ever living shit out of Costa Rica, but they still gave up two to Wanchope. Watching the match, I couldn't believe Germany didn't win by 4. They owned the midfield and dominated the attacking side of the field. The second goal was obviously offside, so the Ticos have to be happy with the result. It really could've been worse.

Poland has to be disappointed. And I don't have much more to say than that.

0 comments: