Monday, September 08, 2008

Rare Realism


I have long been annoyed by the deluded fan-sac who passionately, pathetically brandishes a single finger at the camera, frantically declaring the numerical supremacy of his beloved football squad. In reality, his team may not have cracked the top 25, but don't tell that to the ol' nostril-shovel of his. Whether signaling barehanded or with oversize foam, there are thousands of these fartheads in every stadium across the land.

That's why I was pleased to see the two Dawg fans shown here proudly displaying our actual ranking from their seats in Sanford. With Knowshon flying through the air with the greatest of ease, you can understand the grumblings among some of the Bulldawg faithful who were mad about slipping from the top spot in the polls, but I applaud these levelheaded Dawg fans, obviously pleased to cruise along in the deuce hole. After all, that's all we'll need to get to play for the shebang, so like these fine gentlemen, I'm happy right where we are.

UPDATE:

The Jersey version.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be pissed too if I got my ASS BEAT by UNC!