Sunday, November 08, 2009

Allow me to reintroduce myself

Ain't gonna lie...


I'm coming out of a fog. A deep one. I've been crushed by my job the last year, couple years, who knows how long. Just haven't been able to be normal and happy with my life - and my life is actually pretty awesome.

But I'm changing jobs. Very excited about the new one. Better lifestyle, more opportunity to be myself, more of a chance to grow professionally.

Now, this space won't become the first thing I'm going to return to - I've still got a number of priorities ahead of this. But I'll probably be able to write a bit more than before.

So on that note, I instruct you to go watch the ESPN 30 For 30 USFL documentary, if just for the segment where Rick Neuheisel sings the Gunslingers' fight song. I'd embed it if I could find it.

6 comments:

Joe said...

Congrats on the escape, Jim. Where you off to?

LD said...

In house at a national nonprofit here in Atlanta. Vrey very very excited.

PB at BON said...

Congrats man... Enjoy the fresh air.

Kanu said...

Congrats LD.

That first bit sounded like the mirror talking: work- bad, life outside of work- great.

Very happy that you are making a change, and best of luck.

And if a by-product of this is that we get to read a little more of LD from time to time, then everybody wins.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chg said...

Congratulations. I spent two years at a job that made me literally dread getting up and going to work the next day, and it is so liberating to get out of a situation like that. You'll probably have a lot more energy and enthusiasm for your other interests, which I hope include updates to one of my favorite blogs.