Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Flick the button

Scarface: The Howard Hawks version. Kind of dated, incredibly preachy. "WHAT IS THE GOVERNMENT GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?" Ann Dvorak as Camonte's sister is the only thing about it I thought memorable. Again, a film that's been ripped off a bunch, and since I've seen the ripoffs so much, the original seems passe. Still, didn't enjoy it all that much. Fired.

Troy: I've got the same exact view of this as the General. It's written terribly, directed awfully, acted pretty poorly. But I couldn't help but like it. Probably just the Latin background nerdiness. Wouldn't recommend to others, but to me a steak knife.

Veronica Guerin: Damn you Cate Blanchett! A fan of her since way back when. And she's the only reason I watched this piece of shit. It should've been a TV movie. And it probably would've been better. Schumacher shouldn't be able to direct movies. And unforgivable is the obnoxious use of the Man U kit. The worst score and soundtrack of a movie I can remember. I still like Cate, but if she never has that same haircut, it'd be too soon. Fired as fuck.

Maybe I'll watch some decent movies next week. Ehh.

0 comments: