Monday, November 07, 2005

So... self-indulgent to think that you'd like this song...

Stumbled across this post today at Worst Weather Ever, a blog I know nothing about and am unsure how I got to. Includes the author's ultimate Archers of Loaf playlist (and a couple mp3s):

Ultimate Playlist: All The Nation's Airports, Backwash, Fabricoh, Lowest Part is Free, Might, Nevermind the Enemy, Plumb Line, Scenic Pastures, Slow Worm, Strangled by the Stereowire, Toast, Underdogs of Nipomo, Vocal Shrapnel, Web In Front, Wrong.

Hits a few high points, but I'd add Bacteria, Backwash, Telepathic Traffic, South Carolina, Freezing Point, and my personal favorite, What Did You Expect?. Every time What Did You Expect? comes on, I have to crank it all the way up and then hit rewind so I that opening can make my ears bleed. Actually, now that I think of it, it's virtually impossible to create an "ultimate playlist" without leaving out like 5 or 6 songs that I'd be embarrassed not to include.

Also, I ask the one, possibly two, reader(s) out there who know anything about this band: Have you seen that Chevy Trucks advertisement with the John Cougar Mellencamp song "Now More than Ever" on it? For some reason, every single time I kind of think it sounds like the last verse to "Freezing Point". Cougar's version was from 1991, so did the Archers rip that shit off? Or am I an idiot?

Oh, and the guitarist is still "the Daddy".

0 comments: