Monday, August 29, 2005

The Gelhead Awards and Welcome to the Party

I haven't been able to track visits to the Corporate HQ until recently, but I have a pretty good feeling that today was my biggest day so far. Thanks to all the visitors and feel free to have a look around.

I haven't been writing all that much about college football until lately because I'm not that big into recruiting and the season is just now starting. I guess I wrote a lot more about soccer and baseball and movies and stupid people and stuff. I'll probably mix all that in a bit more. My philosophy toward sports blogging is more along the lines of media criticism than game analysis or predictive abilities (I save that for soccer). Or jokes and shit.

So again, welcome. And if you're bored with these posts, go back and read my NFL Draft Diary. I call Mark May an IUD in it. And that still makes me laugh.

Also today we have Kirk Herbstreit's Herbie Awards, brought to you by the good folks at the Big 10 conference and Maxim Haircare products for men. Nothing too groundbreaking here, or at least nothing you can't get a billion other places. A few odds and ends...

Starting from the bottom:

The steakhouse in Atlanta he mentions is The Palm (and I could've sworn it was a chain or at least based on a restaurant elsewhere), not the Palms, which I believe is where Trishelle banged half of Vegas.

Best Game Day Coach nominee Mack Brown? I guess Herbstreit is giving credit for "consoling depressed players after yet another big game." Or maybe Herbstreit just thinks the game is in early February.

Best Uniforms and Best looking dudes in uniform... yeah he does this every year. Gotta give something for the honeys he plans on mowing on campus... Seriously though, if he ain't gay, I'm clever and funny. Any real man would say the "best" in uniform would be the fattest kickers and nobody else.

Best Student Section: Michigan? I've never been there, but I've always heard that it's strangely quiet for 110,000. Utah? You can't get beer over 3.4%. There's probably more liquor in section 308 in Sanford Stadium than in the entire state of Utah. LSU students bring their own arsenal - and that's just for the National Anthem. Auburn students can power windmill farms with those gay-ass pom-poms. And Georgia, well if we ain't loud it's because we're either passed out or hammering some hot as hell skirt. I mean Utah?

And finally a homer note. How do you name 9 tight ends without mentioning Leonard Pope?

0 comments: